#1 Bring makeup cleansing wipes
Nivea 3-in-1 Care Cleansing Micellar Wipes
#2 Do-It-All Cleanser
I first got intrigued with the brand when I had the opportunity to meet the founder at an Escentials event and noticed how flawless his skin is. Coupled it up with fellow beauty bloggers declaring on how amazing it is, I decided to try out with the 1A™ All-Day Mask first. Basically, it is a leave-on day treatment mask, that doubles up as a serum and moisturizer to fortify your skin defenses against harmful pollutants while reversing tell-tale signs of stress and fatigue. But I reckon the main selling point to me was the claim to reduce acne lesions in a month of usage… and so I tried. Do note that I only got started like a month after my wedding, so I was toning down on my beauty treatments (aka no monthly facials either) and just religiously use it daily without a thought. It was only nearing the end of 2016 did I realize how much my comedones have significantly reduced as compared to the past when I’m not into facials!
That confidence in the brand resulted in me carting out Allies of Skin 24/7 Kit and making it a permanent spot in my “beauty luggage”. This kit consists of 1A™ All-Day Mask, 1A™ Overnight Mask and Molecular Saviour™ Toner Mist. With this trio means that I can skip packing in my bottles of toners, mists, serums, moisturizers and whatnots. Each at 50ml means they are carry-on friendly too, so I tend to also bring them on the plane, remove my makeup with my cleansing wipes before prepping my skin accordingly with my 24/7 kit! Very convenient for short trips especially, won’t you agree? 🙂
#4 Skin Boosters
Clarins Skin Boosters
– Clarins Booster Detox on days when my skin is feeling congested (especially in countries with high pollutions). It contains green coffee extract to purify and detox my skin while reviving radiance. This baby has saved me countless times when I can feel that my clogged pores are threatening to cause an acne outbreak, and is thus considered my favorite of them all.
– Clarins Booster Energy is very much needed when I have not been sleeping/eating well and the “unhealthy” signs are starting to show. Using ginseng extract, to stimulate and energize fatigue skin, I tend to sneak in a few drops before my flights (and during my month end closing!).
– Clarins Booster Repair hydrated and comfort my skin when I’m in cold/dry climates. With all these winter trips I have been going to recently, I have been pretty reliant on this booster. Enriched with mimosa tenuiflora extract, it soothes and reduces both visual signs and general sensations of skin irritation such as redness, tightness, itching, as well as providing protection against sea, hard and chlorinated water. In fact, it is even advisable to use this after minor cosmetic treatments. So I reckon it’s not hard to see why I can’t leave home without this trio acting as my safety net. You never know when one of them comes in handy~
#5 Travel-sized masks
– Cucumber Gel Mask has a cooling and moisturizing gel texture that helps soothe dry, irritated skin
– 24K Gold Mask Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Mask is enriched with luxurious gold properties to improve the appearance of fine line and wrinkles. I’ve actually previously blogged about it here!
– Blue Marine Algae Intense Hydrating Mask calms and nourishes with blue marine algae and other potent humectants
– Pumpkin Enzyme Mask is a powerful exfoliate that helps brightened up your dull complexion (which also mean that I can skip bringing an exfoliator too)
– Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask has been heavily used to draw out dirt, oil and impurities to prevent my pores from clogging up. I like how it is not at all drying like the usual mud masks as it infuses my skin with moisture and vitamins.
And that’s about all I bring along with me when I travel. It may still be considered as excessive to some, but if you’re a skincarejunkie like I am with a problematic skin, I reckon this is the best bet so far to keep me all covered without having to pack my entire vanity along. Please feel free to share with me your travel beauty must-haves! I would love to pick up some tips from you too 🙂